The Monday blues; waking up feeling tired and groggy, not having enough energy, it's a big complaint for most of us. In fact, the biggest complaint we hear at Raw Vitality is not having enough energy or having inconsistent energy. Clean, true energy is the hallmark of good health. High, consistent energy levels are a prime indication that your health is at its optimum. Unfortunately most of us don't have enough of it! So, we turn to energy products, drinks powders, supplements, caffeine, sugar, anything to help get us up and going. Unfortunately all of these things just continue to cycle of low and inconsistent energy and they do nothing to cure the underlying root cause of low energy levels.
The root causes of low and inconsistent energy are: not enough movement & exercise, too much stress, not enough life balance, adrenal fatigue, too big of burden on digestion, too much toxicity and nutrient deficiencies. To really cure these root causes and create long term sustainable high energy levels you must engage in a total health transformation focusing on all the key areas that contribute to prime health and energy: 1. Nutrient Dense Eating, 2. Balanced Consistent Exercise, 3. Healthy Stress Management, 4. Green Living Practices to reduce your exposure to health harming toxins, the very principals we address and correct in any of our 30-day Raw Vitality programs. However, if you are looking for a quick fix to increase your energy and create sustainable energy levels throughout your day and want to do it naturally, without relying on health and adrenal harming products here are 5 Ways to Naturally Increase Your Energy....
1. Fresh Morning JuiceTwo of the biggest contributors to low levels of energy, especially first thing in the morning, are too much toxicity and not enough nutrients!Fresh juicing helps to correct both of these problems. At Raw Vitality we recommend juicing first thing in the morning, in the 1-2 hours after rising. This helps assist the body in naturally cleansing from the day before and infuses the body with a ton of vitamins, minerals, fresh living enzymes and all the other wonderful plant chemicals that help you to get up and moving and feeling great. If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to juice fresh each morning check out our quick video:
2. Get Moving!When you are feeling low in energy the last thing you usually want to do is get up and get moving but that is preciously what will help to boost your energy levels. There is an interesting paradox in health that the more energy you expend the more your body creates so the more you move and exercise the more energetic you will feel. Exercise helps to address all the key areas that contribute to low energy including naturally detoxing the body, increasing oxygen levels, reducing stress and better assimilation of nutrients. In Raw Vitality we teach the importance of daily walking. A quick 15-30 minute walk in the morning will help raise your energy levels and keep them consistent throughout the day. You can also take a quick outdoor walk anytime you eel your energy levels start to dip throughout the day.
3. Take a Deep Breath!Our breath is key to increasing and maintaining energy levels, that is because our breath is responsible for so much. In fact 80% of toxins are removed from our body through our breath and most of us breathe much too shallow meaning we keep too many toxins trapped inside of our body which saps our energy. Taking 5 minutes each day to focus on the breath and to breathe deeply is key to increasing energy. Deep breathing exercises will help to remove built up toxins, reduce stress and leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
4. Eat with Your Digestive RythmsThink of how sleepy and groggy you get every time you eat a really big meal. Our digestion processes uses up to 80% of available energy all day every day that is because digestion is one of the most important processes your body engages in. When we eat too much, eat too heavy of foods or eat out of tune with our natural digestive rhythms this puts an even bigger burden on digestion and leaves us feeling sleepy and without much energy. By eating in rhythm your digestion and eating fresh, light foods you free up lots of digestive energy and overall energy increases. In Raw Vitality we engage in a 3 day Digestive Reset process which helps align digestion with its natural rhythms which means more nutrients are absorbed and more toxins removed. To maxamize digestion and icnrease energy eat in the following way:
- Breakfast - 1-2 hours after rising. Should be satisfying and fresh. No heavy animal products or cooked foods. Keep it light and healthy setting you up for success the rest of the day.
- Lunch - Should be the biggest meal of the day when you are putting out the most energy. Smack dab in the middle of your day when digestion is at its peak.
- Dinner - 3-4 hours before bedtime. Also should be satisfying and not too heavy. Many people eat the largest meal at dinner, weighing down digestion which is a big contributor to low energy levels in the morning. To help digestion you can also take a 15-30 minute walk after dinner and before bed.